Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Third Earth Chapter Two

Alright! I finally completed The Third Earth chapter two!! I am working on the third chapter and I should have it up in the next couple days! Anyway here is chapter two...

I never have like to lose. Even as a young girl playing a simple game of Ictus, I got overly aggressive. I was not what you would call “a good sportsman.”  If I lost, I would get irate. One time, I took a table and through it at the opposing team. Thankfully, Orin had just finished developing his new telekinesis ability. In the end, no one had been hurt. Much.
As I got older, I slowly became less aggressive. But when it came to people harming my friends and family, there was nothing that could hold me back.

My eyes burned as I stared at the creature with threatened my friends and family.
I pulled a dagger from my sheath. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a flicker of electricity rearing at the tip. The blade was specially designed to shut down a Figura Trabeas main power grid. The idea was to impale the dagger into its core; then the electric charge would shut down its electronics.
The problem was Figura Trabeas were aware of their weakness and extremely protective of their core.
If they saw a dagger coming toward them, I would have no chance.
I rethought my strategy. My hand slipped the knife back into its sheath.
“Alright, I surrender,” I told them.
The largest Figura Trabeas beaded eyes narrowed.
“Check her over.” He monotoned.
Two of the smaller Figura Trabeas started toward me. Their jet boots like blowtorches behind them. Every time their boots came close to a cloud, the swollen wisp turned into rain and fell below probably drenching some innocent, confused Praeditos resident.
The Figura Trabeas flew to either side of me.
3, 2, 1, I thought then sprung into action.
My hand grabbed my dagger and threw it at the Figura Trabea on my left before turning to deal with the one on my right.
-BOOM-
The creature on my left was dead.
My dagger hovered back into my hand. I threw the knife at the other Figura Trabea.
My jet pack twisted with my movement.
My body contorted as an explosion echoed the skies.
The jet pack sputtered as it attempted to keep me in the air.
I recovered, my arms feinting wings to stabilize me. Out of nowhere, a fist the size of a boulder whistled through the air next to me.
“Ha! Got you--” the third Figura Trebea exploded into dangerous fireworks of chemicals and sharpened metal.
A small grin appeared on my face.
My dagger flew back into my hand.
I turned to the largest one, “Come, big boy. Let's go.”
He smiled, an expression I have never seen on a Figura Trebea before.
“Just, try to defeat me, Eklektos ” The monster simpered.
The dagger got heavier in my hand.
In Verum training, there are many different requirements -classes you had to take to advance to a full-time Verum. One of those is to become fluent in Greek in order to communicate in times with prying Prima ears. It is a close guarded secret, one that Figura Trebeas should not know about.
Another secret of the Verum uncovered by Prima.
Who is feeding them these secrets?
I tightened my grip on my dagger, my face contorting into an expression of pure loathing.
Whoever betrayed the Verum are going to pay, I thought and flew at the creature.

I moaned. My eyes blinked wildly, butterflies trapped in a jar frantically trying to escape. I felt like lava had replaced the blood in my veins.
What happened?
I searched my burning mind for something -anything that would give me a clue as to what had happened.
I was fighting the large Figura Trebea then…
“C'mon brain!” I murmured into the stale air.
But my brain remained with its door stubbornly closed.
I groaned, dry lips sticking together.
Get an awareness of where you are, I thought.
I opened my eyes. The uncovered light bulb was the first thing I saw with burning eyeballs.
I turned my head to the left. A man blocked my view. He was on the tall side- six foot or so with muscles rippling through his white shirt.
Is that--
His back was turned toward me, but the short ebony hair was undeniable. It was the exact shade of my own.
Within milliseconds I was on my feet -legs already fluttering toward him.
“Daddy!” I cried, not caring if I sounded like the five-year- old he had left behind.
My arms swung around him, circling his torso my head coming up to his shoulder.
“Thelma,” he whispered, “I am so glad you are okay.”
He shifted in my embrace so his arms could hug me fiercely.
My brain sluggishly comprehended the words, “Why wouldn’t I be okay?”
“You took a pretty hard hit from that Figura Trebea.” he replied, concern playing with his features.
The concern, my dad has never shown any concern. He always expected me to tough it out.   
Something isn’t right, I thought.
My brain was a turtle out of the water and beached on the sand. It refused to work.  
Some... sort of... my brain sluggishly thought, poison or something.
The world was swaying now.
Why is the world moving? Shouldn’t someone be trying to shut down the earthquake? Was there a bomb?
“Dad?” I murmured. “What’s going on?”
“I’m sorry,” he replied, and his face fell off.
I screamed, breaking away from his tight embrace. With the world a washing machine around me, I couldn’t stay on my feet. My balance ditched me and fell on the floor.
He began to change shape, his body twisting at unnatural angles. Arms up and out, swaying back and forth like putty trying to do a dance number. The colors of his face faded and disappeared into the swirling sandstorm. Then the clay began to fall, gravity taking its hold and crumbling the sand to the ground.  But a figure still stood. They were about six foot tall, arms and legs long and gangly. Then the exterior melted away. Forging a path through the stale air to the feet of the individual, the clay melled with the floor and vanished into its wooden cracks.
I looked up. A Figura Trebea stood in front of me, eyes turned away from mine, large rods glowing sunburn red against his torso. I wondered how he kept them from melting the rest of his armour. Some sort of Praeditos technology. The metal of his body was polished to a shiny reflective surface. He smelled of dark musty earth.
Before I could collect my thoughts, the door burst in.
I didn't really even notice the door before. My powers of observation were typically spot on, but today they seemed off. Everything seemed off…
A Figura Trebea entered through the light. Cutting and strangling the clean yellow light.
My lip lifted into a look of hatred. I tried to glare at the creature angrily, but I couldn't.
What's so bad about these guys any way? I thought. Why do I despise them so much?
I tried to think of a reason. It seemed pointless to hate, fruitless even. I could just settle down have the life I deserve -a peaceful one. One where I had everyone I loved close to me. Y., Orin, My parents…
My parents…  Memories hit me like a truck, my mom saying goodbye to me, eyes teary and sad. My dad telling me to take the escape pod his hands on mine. The last look he gave me before the Figura Trebea shot him down.
Anger was torrent in my gut.
Using what must have been my reserved energy, I got to my feet.
The door closed with a bang.
I didn't need to see the creature, it was pretty clear that it was a Figura Trebea.
It took me by the arm, and, digging it's skeleton-like mechanical fingers into my arm, it dragged me to the door.
I heard, “Blind her,” and my world went completely dark. It took me a minute to realize that I still could see, slightly. Light still peeked in through the holes in my blindfold.
A huff of air tickled my ear.
“This is the girl?” came a mechanical voice.
“Yes,” the other voice was closer like it was right next to my ear, “You know I kind of feel sorry for her.”
“Why do you say that?” the other voice asked.
“The Verum are the ones to blame. They turned her from an innocent young child to a master assassin. She had no choice on the matter.”
I felt like I had been placed under a raging inferno fire. I haven’t been an innocent child since I was five years old. Since the day of my parent’s disappearance. And I was no murderer. I had killed Figura Trebeas before, but they were no longer humans.
Were they?
I shook my head, trying to clear the thoughts from my head.
“--don’t think that’s right,” The first voice replied.
“What does the Council have in store for her?” The second voice asked.
“Probably an execution or torture.”
My heart dropped. I should have known. I was prepared for something like this. Being captured by the enemy was a huge unit of study in my classes. It was not the easiest thing to learn about. We had seen images of torture. Bloody gory photos that were burned in my mind. Even now I shuddered at the memories. I can’t imagine going thru that.
"But it’s hard to tell, I heard they have a guest Councilor today.” The first voice continued.
"Really?” the second voice, with what could be identified as surprise. “That’s unusual.”
“So is she.”
I was taken aback by his tone. It was a mixture of awe, resentment, fear, and all together uncertainty. Such human emotions –from a Figura Trebea! My gut felt like a twisted wash rag. My head was vibrating, as though trying to tell me something.
I’m missing something here. That much I was sure on.
I didn’t have time to figure it out, because the two Figura Trebeas were already dragging me along, just like before.
When they finally stopped moving, my blindfold was removed.
I took in my location.
I was at ground level inside of a cage. Bars made of thick red wood ran perpendicular to the similarly colored floor. A faint click told me that the Figura Trebea guard who had brought me here had closed the entrance.  I looked up to the balconies, discovering that I was standing before a court.
I counted a total of ten council members. The council members were all human, but ancient. Their bodies gnarled with age. Their eyes sunk into their heads. They were old, and should have been weary, but they weren’t. Instead their deeply impressed eyes held so much hatred. I felt my defenses being burned down from their wrath.
One of the Prima Council members stood, carefully and slowly in way that made me think he was in a great amount of pain.
“Thelma Alby!” he said, his voice booming off of the walls, “You are being accused of the murder of  two-thousand three hundred and forty-one Figura Trebeas.”
A movement drew my attention away from the leaders of Prima Terrae.
“Damaging over thirty-million dollars worth of Prima Terra property,” the old man continued.
I gave none of my attention to the man. Because sitting in a seat stationed a bit farther away from the Council was someone I knew very well.
“Aiding in the destruction of one hundred ships of the Prima Empire and countless other crimes.”
My boyfriend was here.
“What do you have to say for your crimes?”
Orin was the traitor.



On that happy note... please review!! I love to hear from people!!!

In Him, LydiaMartha

No comments:

Post a Comment