Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Horse's Word

This story, I wrote a year or two ago following my ownership of my first horse. (Yes, I have had two and believe me it is not a story you want to get into). So at this point in time I had gained a bit more insight into a horse's brain. And just fyi it may not seem complete because it isn't. Younger me did not finish it, and I did not want to  mess up the younger me vibe of it. This is A Horse's Word.

Please.... read, enjoy and comment!!!

I galloped across the prairie. The wind whistled past my ears and ran it silky touch through my mane. Trying to make me cold, but unable to penetrate my thick blond coat. I felt slight slacken in my reins as my person let out a shout of joy. Picking up on her excitement, I let out a whinny and a playful buck.

She tensed and pulled back on the reins. Unwillingly, I lowered my gait to bouncy trot.

Why? I wondered angrily Whenever, I’m starting to enjoy myself, she stops.

“Why’d you do that?” she asked the anger as evident in her voice as oats in a bucket.

Much to my dismay she made me stop completely.

Because I’m happy or at least I was… I thought picking up on her anger.

I mean don’t get me wrong I LOVE my human, but I mean sometimes she can’t see what’s right in front of her face. She always talks about how she wishes I could talk, but we actually do. Just not in the way she wishes us, too. We can’t form words as humans do, but we find cracks and holes in the language/no language barrier. We use this thing called body-language. Which apparently humans have never even heard of. Well, I mean we do nicker and whinny, but that’s more of like alerting other horses that can’t see us of our presence. We rely mostly on our ears, eyes, and well basically our whole body to communicate. Which is why it’s really annoying when humans don’t understand what we are saying.

My person hopped off and started checking my tack as if trying to reassure herself that I didn’t do that out of choice.

Guess what? I did! I thought to myself with a snort.

“Hey!” my person said indigent, “You are just a little brat, today!”

I really hope you’re joking I’M HAVING FUN!!! I felt like kicking, but resisted the urge for it would only make things worse. She pulled the reins over my head and held my head in the way I hate. In the way where I can’t get away with anything. I was planning on walking really fast so my person has to run to catch up. It’s extremely amusing to watch them stumble along like a newborn foal trying to keep up with his mother. She of course gets mad and starts yelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment