Sunday, July 17, 2016

Mystery Cookie

What's so mysterious about a cookie? Hehe, I am not going to tell you... right now any way. You will find out in about four seconds... After I say... Read, Enjoy, and Comment!!

I’ll admit. At first I was a little creeped out.
Who wouldn’t be though. I live alone in a small one-story house in the middle of a run down old neighborhood. Not exactly the type of place someone breaks into.
But someone must have, because I cannot make cookies that good.
One day I got up looking for a good healthy breakfast and there it is --a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie.
I ate it, of course (because who could resist?). The next day, there was another one. And another, the day after.
For sixty days, this routine continued. Every day, the questions grew in numbers.
Who was leaving these behind? Why are they leaving them behind? How are they getting into my house? And so on.
It wasn’t until the sixty-first day, that I got an answer.
I stayed up late that night. I had a plan in my head, pretend to sleep on the couch while waiting for the cookie-giver to show up.
Of course, it was much harder to stay awake then I thought. My mind went on an endless path of go to sleep, go to sleep, no stay awake, sleep. My body wanted to obey, of course, but I managed to stay awake until the culprit arrived.
I leaped up at the flash of blue light, and pulled out my concealed flashlight.
With a push of a button, the flashlight was on.
“Hey! Hold it right there!” I shouted.
The figure was dressed in dark clothes with various metal zippers that glinted in the light of my flashlight.
The person turned very slowly.
It was a woman.
But more then that, it was someone who should’ve been dead.
With a poof of blue smoke, the person vanished.
I stared at the empty counter space that they had left behind.
--But wait… It wasn’t empty.
A note sat flat against the marble counter my name printed across it in a flowery script.
I approached the counter, my hands trembling. I picked it up carefully, afraid it would combust or something. I opened it.

Nara,
I’ve missed you. Every day, I left a cookie I had hoped you would figure it out. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised when you only ate it with no recollection of the past. That was my fault, I suppose. Since I volunteered for the experiment when you were only three. I am writing this note to say that the experiment to send someone into the time stream worked! The problem is I can only stay in one place for so long. For twenty years, I was thrown around --going from the middle ages to the 3400’s in a matter of seconds. Eventually, I gained control. And I have learned the rules. One of them is that if my presence becomes known in a certain time period, I cannot go there. I still had to let you know, Nara. I had to see you. I did, and you are beautiful. You are my beautiful baby girl. I love you so much.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment