Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Demons or Murderers

Read, enjoy, and comment!! :)


Kayla screamed in agony as she fell to the floor.
"I'm dying!!" she wailed.

No, I thought. My eyes opened wider in trying to suck up the scene.

Blood trickled out of her many wounds. She screamed, this time weaker. Her life poured out in front of her in a waterfall of sticky red. Every second made her life drain away. Her eyes closed gently for the very last time. Finally at peace.

NO! NOT KAYLA!

I slammed the cover of the book hard against my left hand and found myself glaring at the person who killed Kayla.

Mary Thomas was pretty. With blue eyes, elegant curls, and a small mouth she was perfect. Too perfect. I learned from The Demons that if a person was perfect they were usually a demon.  She seemed demonic. Her elegant smile turned somewhat evil and calculating like she was contemplating my second favorite character, Jean, 's death.

I threw my copy of Demons across the room. It hit my desk with a resounding clunk that sent all my school papers skittering away like terrified animals.

My blanket remained crumpled on my bed from when I had gripped it in excitement because Kayla and Ben were finally getting together.

That thought made me sad.

What's Ben going to do?

I shoved my head under the blanket, and effectively curled my body into the rest of my blanket.

Poor Ben.



I was in a house.

That was all I knew for certain.

I was pretty sure I was running from someone.

I could hear faint boot steps behind me.

I was pretty sure that the house was from Demons

But it was not how I had imagined the mansion looking at all.

I was pretty sure I was dreaming.

Okay, I thought as I passed an open door that went into an airfield, I'm definitely dreaming. That was where I went on Friday to pick up Aunt Lae.

A few seconds later it was confirmed when my dream suddenly changed.

I was in a darkened room. The only light was sun shinning through a tiny window. The light directly fell on a large dressing room mirror.

I think I am suppose to go there.

My legs swallowed the space between me and the mirror.

I stopped in front of the mirror, unsure what I was suppose to do now.

Then I looked at the mirror. Or rather the reflection it gave off.

Blue eyes stared back. Delicate skin around the eyes crinkled in confusion. It was unmistakably Mary Thomas, the author of Demons.

I was her.

I didn't have time to process this new development in my dream before someone tackled me.

I fell on the mirror, the shattering noise echoing softly.

I barely had time to think, "I wonder if I'll get seven years of bad luck for mirror braking in my dream." before the figure attacked me again.

They had managed to sit up and raise an object in their hand. The light from the window cast upon the figure's face.

I stopped struggling.

It... It was me! The short black hair was recognizable, but my features were scrunched in a look of pure fury that I had never seen on myself before.

Angry me had a giant knife in hand and sat on me triumphantly.

"Now, you'll pay for what you did to Kayla." Angry me stabbed downward in a arc. The knife fell in slow motion.

I waited for the pain. The last seconds that Kayla had been alive she had been in overwhelming pain. I waited to feel what she did.

But it never came.

I forgot. It was only a dream.

1 comment: